Saturday 12 April 2008

Snow, pt. II

As promised, here's some photos of SNOW in Manchester the morning after I arrived. There's only two and they're not too good but anyways.

This first photo is of the front garden, it's a lot better than the other one. I like the light on the first photo, it gives it that weird spring-like feeling you get when the sun is warm and bright yet there is snow on the ground. And the birds are singing, obviously. No matter how pretentious it sounds I think you can almost hear the birds when you look at this photo. (I SO think too highly of myself.) This was the first time during my 3 years in the UK when I've got that feeling here. It made me feel like home.


This one is cut from a photo of the back garden. It's not very good (the photo, I mean) and that's definitely the best bit of the photo. As it was on he dark side of the house there wasn't enought light and I was lazy and instead of opening the window I took the photo through it and there's all sorts of reflections on the photo. But that bit is alright. I really like the table and chairs set in he garden.

No comments: