Thursday 17 April 2008

Cinema, pt. II

OMG! I've spoiled someone's cinema experience !

Last night I went to the cinema with two friends to see
Shine a Light. We got there quite early and there were only two people in the screen room before us. They were sitting in the best seats (in my humble opinion) at the right row, right in the middle of it. Therefore we obviously took the second best seats, a row below them, right in the middle of the row. In other words, right in front of them. Now, this is the kind of cinema that is nicely designed so that people's heads won't bother you even if they sit a row below you. However, as we were sitting down and sorting out our finances and stuff and one of us went to use the facilities, I heard the couple talking about changing seats. Then the lady spoke to us in a very polite manner yet very bitchily saying something along the lines of 'you know we were just sitting here, in this big empty cinema and suddenly there are heads in front of us. We were a bit like there's this big empty cinema and these people have to sit right in front of us? We thought about changing seats but then we figured we were here first.' I was in a very good mood and was all 'oh, sorry, we'll move, it's ok.' All the while thinking, WOW I didn't know we weren't allowed to sit wherever we wanted.

So where do we move? The obvious choice is to move behind this couple, as that'd be the next best row and for sure, we want to sit in the middle of the row. And so we do. Guess what happened then? That's right, they move. That's when I got really frustrated (I kept it all inside though, as I don't tend to confront people I don't know unless they're
playing loud music in the library ). So this couple had payed for about 10 seats around them? Just because they were there first no one else was allowed to have good seats? WTF?!

If there is an unspoken rule about cinema seats that says you're not allowed to sit in front OR behind (really, BEHIND?!) people, please do tell me and I'll make sure I won't do so again. But really, it's not like we were loud or kicking their seats or anything like that. I'd say that couple was a prime example of people making things too hard and thus causing discomfort for not only themselves but also others (if you know what I mean). Glory for positive thinking, I say.

Seriously, what pisses me off the most is the fact that we were being really nice and moved but even that was not good enough. They made me feel really bad even though I felt like I'd done nothing wrong. PFF. I hate people.

On a completely different note though, Keith Richards is such a DUDE!

No comments: