Thursday 7 October 2010

Puzzles!

First things first. I am now in London, don’t know for how long, but the main thing is that I am now in London. I’m relying on nice people to let me stay at their houses and am looking for work like crazy. I don’t think I’m lying if I say that in the last couple of days I’ve made more applications than in the last six months altogether (which is still not that much...). There have been all sorts of personal issues going on and I haven’t been doing the things I should have been doing, but obviously this situation at least works for my job hunting will. It's all a bit puzzling. Harhar.

In other news, I do have a job for myself in Finland starting in January, but if I’m able to find something better here I will stay.

Right, the reason I’m writing this is that earlier this autumn, or I suppose it was more like late summer, my mum bought a jigsaw puzzle. Actually, it was bought as a present to my uncle, who has his birthday in November. Mum figured it’d be best to buy it early since she found it and loved it and just in case they’d sell out before the actual birthday it’d be good to get it early. And of course, to be honest, we really wanted to have a go at it too.

So a couple of days after the puzzle had arrived in our house, we decided it wouldn’t be at all wrong to do it before giving it to my uncle. Really, we’d be doing him a favour checking that all the pieces are there etc. It is a 1000 piece puzzle and it’s black and white. Yeah, black and white. It sounded like a really good idea until we started doing it. This is what it looked like after two weeks and about 20 hours of puzzle making time after.


These are most of the pieces left at this stage. They’re all just black. Or white.


Doesn’t that look like fun. Anyway, it doesn’t look as grim anymore. The sky is all done, finally. Now it’s just a matter of fitting all the black pieces in. And I’m not there doing it anymore. As I am in London. The puzzle is in Finland. However, my dad retired last week so he can step up now and help mum with it. It’s a pretty damn cool puzzle regardless.

No comments: