Friday 9 May 2008

Mid-post

I'm posting now just to bring certain things to your attention. I was going to do a proper post relating to one of the things on the following list but I'm in a weird revision induced blah-mood and can't concentrate.

1) I still hate
people in the library. Today especially because after a night out in Nottingham yesterday (which didn't include more alcohol than a bottle of Kopparberg) I just couldn't get out of bed before 9 this morning and therefore people had already spread their stuff all around the place when I got there.

2) My
post on the text-scandal got picked up by The Golden Strawberry. (I say picked up, but I shamelessly exploited a friend for that.) And from there it got picked up here, which makes me rather proud of myself, simply because it means that people have actually read something I wanted to write. (Although looking back to that post it could've been a lot more eloquent.)

3) A guy on campus completely made my day and reminded me why I love the British so much. I was going to enter the Guild of Students (that is the students union building) and this guy was just coming out of the door and couldn't possibly see me approaching and thus didn't hold the door open for me. And when he noticed me he said 'sorry'! I love 'sorry' and 'thank you' so much I don't understand how can anybody be fed up with 'sorry' or 'thank you'. (To make that last sentence make any sense I'm going to paste here a bit of the blurb for the Birmingham University Nordic Society's facebook group: A group for all Nordic and Nordic-minded people at the University of Birmingham who sometimes wants a break from tea, "sorry" and David Beckham's right foot. Who would ever want a break from 'sorry'?! I'm beginning to think that I'm neither Nordic nor Nordic-minded.)

This is all.

No comments: